The Pinwherry Community hall was built in 1924, Mr Dunlop of Fardenreoch organised the men and boys of the countryside in a voluntary capacity. The site of the present hall was obtained and everyone set to work to level the ground, cart gravel, building materials and lay foundations. The joiner work was done by two local joiners, David and Gib Campbell, Whist Drives and other functions were held in the school to pay for materials and any paid labour required. So our present Community Hall came into being. The Community later handed the hall over to the Kyle and Carrick Council; South Ayrshire Council has since taken care of maintaining the hall. Due to the location of the hall, disabled access is not possible and there is little space for car parking. The hall is not large enough to hold Community events and due to it height and length it cannot accommodate any sports or games.
These photographs clearly show the lack of disabled access and why the Community needs a new Community Centre.